When I’m in the privacy of my own home, scrolling because I’m bored:
- Jokes I’ve heard before
- Photosets of TV Shows I have not seen
- Unpopular opinions that are actually popular opinions
When I’m in a class where people are behind me and can see what I’m looking at:
- Sex gifs
- Assorted erect penises that I wouldn’t really want to see whilst by myself, let alone with a classroom full of people behind me.
- Cats (because who isn’t impressed by a dude who spends his whole class period looking at cats?)
- FHM pictures of Naya Rivera that I am incredibly interested in but can’t linger on because there are people behind me who will think me creepy for looking at sexy pictures in class.
- Calls for social justice complete with pictures of people who have recently been savagely beaten that I want to read, but would rather not have people look over my shoulder and think I’m just looking at pictures of wounded people.
- In-depth, interesting theories on science, politics, literature, and my favorite television shows that I can’t look at because I’m in class and can’t read one analysis while listening to the professor’s, and, my apologies to tumblr, but I’m kind of paying a lot to listen to this guy’s lectures and can get yours for free at my local library.
- Reblog notifications that lead to a blog with autoplay music.
- If someone sitting behind me would judge me for looking at it, you can be certain someone will post it at the EXACT MOMENT that person looks over my shoulder.